How to Get Monetized on YouTube- The Ultimate Guide

How to Get Monetized on YouTube- The Ultimate Guide

How to Get Monetized on YouTube- The Ultimate Guide


I know it’s crossed your mind. Becoming a Youtuber and being heard by millions with your amazing content. Why not turn dreams into reality? It could just change your life.

So, let’s dive into what it takes to monetize your Youtube channel.

The YouTube Partner Program is the most widely used method of making money from videos (YPP). Gaining partner status is an improvement for your channel because it enables you to add adverts to your videos and potentially earn money each time you publish new content.

It takes some time to figure out how YouTube compensates producers through the Google AdSense program. For now, just be aware that money is made when a viewer views or clicks an ad within your video. The proceeds are then divided between you and YouTube, with you receiving 55% and YouTube receiving the remaining 45%.

Requirements for Monetizing on YouTube

When it comes to who it accepts into the monetization scheme, YouTube is very picky. Before applying for the YPP, you must:

Have 1,000 subscribers

4,000 watch hours on your channel (within 12 months)

A readiness to abide by YouTube's guidelines: the terms of service, community guidelines, and advertiser-friendly content guidelines

 Monetized YT Channel

Joining the YouTuber Partner Program

You can apply for the YPP as soon as you've satisfied all of YouTube's conditions. 

  • Visit YouTube Studio.
  • In the left menu bar, select Monetization.
  • You'll notice a blue button inviting you to apply if you're qualified. 
  • Study the YPP conditions.
  • Create a Google AdSense account and link your channel to it.
  • After reviewing your channel, YouTube will inform you of its findings.

You have 30 days to reapply if YouTube rejects your application. That provides you time to remove any objectionable content from your channel, such as duplicate copyright claims or videos that contravene YouTube's community standards.

Ads on YouTube

Ads that display before or during your videos are the most "conventional" approach to earning money on YouTube.

You can enable ad monetization for one or more videos on your channel if you've signed up for the YPP. Remember that for you to run ads, they must adhere to YouTube's requirements for advertiser-friendly content.

You have control over where advertisements appear on your videos thanks to the variety of YouTube ad formats available.


Youtube ads-growthx


Paid Sponsorships

Paid sponsorships involve companies and brands paying or sponsoring a content producer to utilize, promote, or advertise their product in a video. While brands give sponsorships to creators, it benefits both parties and the audience.

Although difficult to obtain, sponsorships can be quite fruitful. You can approach significant brands in your niche to collaborate on a video if you have a popular and prominent channel.

Show brands your prior work, YouTube analytics, and engagement rates to get a sponsorship. Tell them how your material can benefit their company and how.


You can earn money from your YouTube videos in another way through affiliate networks.

How does this operate? When you sign up for an affiliate marketing program, you can use an affiliate link to direct your audience to a brand's merchandise or landing page. You will receive a commission from the sale if the user is successful in making a purchase.

Even if paid sponsorships are more profitable, an affiliate program still brings in extra money. You can start promoting things you already use as an affiliate and even give your followers a discount code.

 YouTube Premium

A subscription service provided by YouTube is called YouTube Premium. Members have access to ad-free streaming, video downloads, background playback, and more.

How does that impact monetization, then? Will YouTube Premium subscribers who watch the videos of artists who monetize them with adverts still receive payment? Yup!

Like ad revenue payments, YouTube claims that subscription revenue payments are made to creators at the beginning of each month. Of course, the quantity is determined by how frequently Premium members watch your movies.

Youtube premium

 Sell Memberships

One thing is certain when it comes to selling memberships: they work.

You can offer your subscribers Patreon-like channel memberships as a YouTube partner. Keep in mind that you must be at least 18 years old and have a fanbase with more than 30,000 subscribers.

With a channel membership, your viewers can gain access to members-only rewards, unique emojis, badges, bonus videos, shoutouts, and other services like Super Chat, which is used during live streams, for a monthly recurring subscription that can range from $0.99 to $100.

Depending on how much they spend, Super Chat enables viewers to pin highlighted remarks in your live stream for a set period.

If a channel has a "Join" button, it means it offers a membership subscription that gives subscribers access to unique content.

With YouTube's multi-level (up to 5) memberships, you can structure the benefits you provide and who receives them.

Youtube 10000 subscribers


For instance, level 1 subscribers might receive badges for their comments; level 2 subscribers might take part in live streams, and level 3 subscribers would have special access to additional videos on your channel.

When you select "Join," a message displaying the various pricing tiers appears. Explore all three to learn more about what each membership category has to offer.

You can make a lot of money by providing channel memberships. You should be informed that 30% of your revenue goes to YouTube, and the remaining 70% goes to you.

There are more ways to offer membership to your audience, using:

Convinced that monetizing your Youtube channel could work? You could pursue this as a side hustle or even go into it, all guns blazing, and make it your full-time job - make the right choice and be the nation’s next favorite Youtuber.